What We Do
The Finnish government, along with other local stakeholders, have identified four core thematic areas of concentration for the technology projects supported by UNTIL Finland.
Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
Good Health and Well-being
Responsible Consumption and Production - Circular Economy
The Finnish UNTIL lab is just a 20min metro ride from the busy streets of Helsinki at A Grid, a startup hub and one of Europe's largest centers for growth companies. A Grid is part of the Aalto University campus and a gateway for the university's talent, cutting-edge research, and other international resources.
Advisory Panel Members
To establish strong governance around the activities of UNTIL labs, the UNTIL programme is set to work through the UNTIL Advisory Panels - one for each lab - with the goal to provide strategic guidance to the activities undertaken.
The Panel meets to hear reports on current plans and priorities, and key challenges with regards to policy, partnership and management. The Advisory Panel provides strategic guidance and helps ensure that UNTIL lab remains true to its mission.
The UNTIL Advisory Panels are responsible for:
1. Advising on general strategy directions to achieve lab overall objectives;
2. Advising on innovation solutions and publications as well as other outputs;
3. Providing feedback on specific concepts, ideas and proposals (including polices, training, processes, etc.);
4. Acting as ambassador on behalf of lab by attending key events and networking opportunities with key players/audiences;
5. Supporting the UNTIL programme in its impact generating activities – offering advice on the development of the communication plans;
6. Supporting lab in the dissemination of its innovation outputs to key audiences and potential users of the solutions, offering pathways into user groups;
7. Advising on potential sources of funding;
8. Receiving and endorsing the lab Annual Report.
- Mr. Jarmo Sareva Ambassador for Innovation, Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ms Atefeh Riazi Chief Information Technology Office, United Nations
- Ms. Sinikka Antila, Ambassador Trade and Development, Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Alternate Co-Chair)
- Ms. Leena Pentikäinen, Ministerial Advisor, Finnish Ministry of Economy and Employment
- Mr. Parham A. Vasaiely, Senior Manager, Land Rover & Jaguar
- Mr. Juha-Erkki Mäntyniemi, Chief Executive Officer, Fingo
- Mr. Nathan Mark Bostock, CEO, Santander Bank UK
- Ms. Outi Niemi, Director Operations Management, Digital Automation, Nokia
- Ms. Sirkku Linna, Development Director, Aalto University
- Mr. Christopher Palmberg, Programme Manager, Business Finland (Alternate Member)
- Kriti Sharma, United Nations Youth Leader
- Advisory Panel Meeting #4 (17 December 2019)
- Advisory Panel Meeting #3 (10 September 2019)
- Advisory Panel Meeting #2 (29 April 2019)
- Advisory Panel Meeting #1 (5 December 2018)
MR. Razi LatifLab Manager at United Nations Technology and Innovation Labs, Espoo Finland
Helsinki, Finland -- Taking note of progress so far and previewing what's to come, UNTIL's Advisory Board met in late April at the Lab in Finland. The advisory panel is made …
Espoo, Finland - Interested in working for a public-sector start-up trying to bridge the gap between the world of development and technology? Then you might consider applying…
Espoo, Finland -- Since the outbreak began last August nearly 1,000 people in eastern Congo have been infected with Ebola. The outbreak is now the second largest ever recorded…
New York, USA - The United Nations recently hosted a groundbreaking conference on frontier technologies and how they might be harnessed to achieve the Sustainable Development…