UNTIL labs are established with strong governance through the strategic expert guidance of advisory panels.
Each Lab convenes an Advisory Panel of distinguished members from across the ecosystem to meet during early months of the inception phase, and regularly thereafter. A standard Terms of Reference is adopted that governs the Advisory Panel’s operations under the chairmanship of the Member State and the UN.
The Panel meets to hear reports on current plans and priorities, and key challenges with regards to policy, partnership and management. The Advisory Panel provides strategic guidance and helps ensure that UNTIL lab remains true to its mission.
The UNTIL Advisory Panels are responsible for:
1. Advising on general strategy directions to achieve lab overall objectives;
2. Advising on innovation solutions and publications as well as other outputs;
3. Providing feedback on specific concepts, ideas and proposals (including polices, training, processes, etc.);
4. Acting as ambassador on behalf of lab by attending key events and networking opportunities with key players/audiences;
5. Supporting the UNTIL programme in its impact generating activities – offering advice on the development of the communication plans;
6. Supporting lab in the dissemination of its innovation outputs to key audiences and potential users of the solutions, offering pathways into user groups;
7. Advising on potential sources of funding;
8. Receiving and endorsing the lab Annual Report.
In support of the Advisory Panel, each UNTIL lab also leverages the work and expertise of the Thematic Advisory Groups providing Thematic Area Managers with overall strategic guidance and review/endorsement of the results of the activities related to the establishment of technology innovation solutions.